Friday, February 6, 2015

Where Does Your Inspiration Come From

     After a light show, and after the sun burned through the clouds, I took a walk to our pond.
The quietness and stillness allows me to "ponder" ( pun intended ) about my next quilt or what I am going to plant in the garden, or about any thing else.
      I get inspired from the colors of nature and the sounds or lack of them. I'm reminded of Psm.46:10  Be still and know that I am God.

On the banks of the pond we have black berries, raspberries, huckleberries and a large mulberry tree, I always remember the song we sang in grade school.  "Here we go round the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush." Wait, this is a tree not a bush. Mulberries make the best jam, you just have to make sure you get there before the birds do. I use a box of store brand sure gel and follow the directions on the insert.  So where do you get inspired to make your next masterpiece or cook up a yummy something from what nature provides.  Happy Quilting and Healthy Eating.
Mulberry Tree 

1 comment: