Friday, January 30, 2015

HELLO EVERY ONE AND HAPPY 2015

In  March of 2014 I closed my business and went home to quilt.  For the first week all was good, I slept later, stayed up later and enjoyed full retirement.  
Well that quickly changed. I began thinking about what my purpose was, now that I had no where to go, no one to teach, no one to quilt with.  Thankfully my customers followed and I am still quilting their beautiful quilt tops. But I am also starting to make quilts again. Last week I started a wedding quilt for my cousin. Like a true quilter, I picked a pattern that I have never done before and I only have seven weeks to finish it and get it in the mail. 
Her wedding colors are peacock teals,purples,blues,greens and a little brown. 
 I chose fabrics from my own stash and several fabric shops around town. This is the first run of a french braid. Now I only have three more to go and get them trimmed and sewn and quilted.   I know she will be a beautiful bride. I will keep you up to date on my progress.  Say a little prayer for me please.   
Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment