Sunday, March 22, 2015

New Beginnings

MARCH:
the month  I start new seeds for this years garden, tomatoes, peppers, cabbage and such.
Dad use to start every thing February 14th but that was 20 years ago, I think this old world has changed since then. March has been a better month for me, weather wise any way. 
Last year I started new herb plants, I use Styrofoam coffee cups (most of the time) with holes punched in the bottom for bottom watering, the plants can be pulled out along with the soil when it comes time to plant in the garden and the cups are reusable.    
I've been revising my canning list for this year, deciding how much more we need of one thing or less of another depending on how much of what ever we have left,   Eating from the vegetables we canned  last year has been rewarding and it saves on the grocery bill, not to mention the delicious meals that can be made up in a matter of minutes.
Not only vegetables, but meat also. last year I canned meatloaf and chicken, boston butt and sausage.
I'll not do the boston butt this year but the other meats were convenient and tasty. 
So here's praying for a successful growing season.
thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: