Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cherished Treasures

      Oh the memories that old cherished treasures bring to mind. 
This old glider, or at least what is left of it, was given to me by my cousin Billie. It use to sit on my grandmothers front porch when I was a young teenager.  I would sit in it anxiously awaiting  the sight of my boyfriend coming down the gravel road to visit with me. 
We would sit in that glider and "court". But as you can tell by the looks of it , that was a long time ago, fifty years actually.  Now the glider is back in our lives and its time to fix it up.  
A new coat of paint and new home made cushions will do the trick. I think it will make a great place to sit and break beans this summer.





1 comment:

  1. Wow, lucky you. Sweet memories too. What a beautiful color and beautiful piece of furniture. You know me, this is just my style.

    ReplyDelete