Thursday, January 29, 2015

Home Made Soup

The best thing about having your own land to farm is eating what you have grown..   After canning every thing I could get my hands on its time to open those jars and start to enjoy the fruits of your labor.              
    Today I made soup from my                          garden.
I chose potatoes, corn, peas, tomato juice, mixed green beans with carrots and ground beef with onions.
last year is the first time I have tried canning meats. The ground beef in a pint jar is just right for soup. Add a little seasoned salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash and a large pinch of cumin.

See the wooden board behind the jars.  My daughters Christmas present to me.  She used a wood burner and put my name on it, It has a small shelf on the bottom to hold a recipe card upright and a stand on the back so it won't fall over. We did a home made Christmas, I canned my daughter in laws favorite cake, pumpkin. Yes I canned a cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment