Friday, July 1, 2016

Canning Deer Stew

Today I canned the deer stew. Having a friend who owns Woods and Waters Taxidermy was a big help last year during deer season.  If you are looking for a great processor  and  taxidermist, look him up. You can find him on face book. WoodsAndwatersTaxidermy .

I don't measure when I cook unless it is important so I can't tell you how much of any thing I used.
I used cubed venison , cubed potatoes, onions, carrots and a few frozen peas from last years garden, browning liquid, salt and pepper,










 After browning the venison, I put all ingredients in a large pot and boiled them until every thing was hot but not cooked.  I used clear gel for a thickener, filled seven quart jars and processed them for 90 minutes in a pressure canner.  My final count was 12 quarts of stew,
and 5 pints of cubed deer meat for use in other recipes.
This will be wonderful this winter with a big skillet of corn bread..


                                             Next up.  Plum Jam.  Thanks for Lookin



 

No comments:

Post a Comment