Saturday, July 16, 2016

Peach Butter

A few day ago the same people who gave us the plums, gave us some peaches from their tree.
I usually freeze peaches in jars with orange juice and sugar syrup but I have some from last year. So I decided to make peach butter.

I've never made  fruit butters before although I have wanted to for several years. I thought making fruit butters was hard and time consuming, I thought you had to watch over the pot and keep stirring and stirring.  Well let me tell you how easy it is.  First we peeled and pitted the peaches, sliced them and put them in the crock pot.  I added cinnamon, sugar and cloves to taste, put the lid on the crock pot and let it cook on low all night.  In the morning I put the butter in the blender to smooth out the pieces of peach then put it back in the crock pot until  it was as thick as I wanted it. I think it took about 17 hours.  I put the butter in jelly jars and processed them for 5 minutes in a water bath.

Turned out very good.  Can't wait until the apples come in.  If I had know it was so easy I would have made fruit butters a long time ago.  This will go on the shelf with the jelly and jam.
                                                                                                  Thanks for Lookin

No comments:

Post a Comment