Thursday, June 9, 2016

Another Straight From The Garden

I have always had a fail when it comes to growing garlic. One year i lost it because all the leaves were gone and I just couldn't find where I planted it.

Last fall I put 6 garlic cloves in the ground and covered them up with rotted leaves. Then I got on line and read hundreds of articles on how to grow garlic.  Well maybe not a hundred, but close.  I learned that  you are suppose to dig it when  three or four stalks turn yellow. So today I noticed that there were some yellow stalks so I got the tater fork and dug up 6 garlic bulbs.  Not bad for a first time ever growing garlic.  The bulbs are big but there are no indentations like a garlic bulb should have, and two of the bulbs have a yellow knot on the outside the size of a marble.  Maybe I dug them too early.

The snow peas are starting to produce so I picked a couple hand fulls of them.   So today for dinner we are having snow peas and garlic.  ha.  
                                                   Thanks for Lookin

No comments:

Post a Comment